Friday, June 25, 2010

Well I Broke My Fast

Actually I broke it as soon as I got home yesterday. I guess I won't be on the news anytime soon huh? But don't worry faithful readers, I have started a new one. I think I will retroactively apply it to....7PM, yesterday, June 24th, 2010.

I brought a TV dinner with me to work, and don't know if I will eat it, but I'd like to resist it. It's my favorite kind, pasta carbonara. Delicious, creamy, little pieces of mystery meat and peas. I love to shove it into my face. And if my arms are too tired to shove it into my face I bang my head into the plate repeatedly hoping to use my gaping maw like a post hole digger to gather as much food as I possibly can before slamming my head into the plate again.

I am big on drinking water, but I wonder how much that really helps. You know what's strange? I do the things that people say are good for controlling your weight, like drinking a bunch of water every day, and smoking, and walking, and I get NO positive results! So either I'd be like 400 pounds without doing these things, or this is all complete BS. I still maintain that the best and most effective way to lose weight is simply to EAT LESS. If you put less in your gullet then you have less to work off, right? Right?

Anyways, I think there is a sort of demarcation point between my job and my home, and it rests squarely at 5PM. I have to figure out a way to hold my position once my life shifts from "job me" to "home me".

I was driving home yesterday and hit a red light, behind this one guy who was just sitting there. This was pretty close to my job so I didn't want to hit my horn for fear this was a coworker. At any rate, enough time passed where I really wanted badly to honk at him, so I raised my hand and slowly lowered it onto the steering wheel horn, hoping he'd move before I hit it. Anyways, just as my hand was about to hit it, he drives off, so I lowered my hand anyways to rest it on the horn. Little did I know how sensitive that horn can be! My vehicle honked loudly at him, he looked embarrassed, and I'm pretty sure I know him. I was thinking about honking the horn every second to make it look like my security system was acting up, but I didn't act on it. I can be so weak sometimes =(.

No comments:

Post a Comment